We offer a broad and balanced curriculum within the context of the pupil’s health needs and the resources available. We work with families, schools, and pupils to decide the priorities for learning and to agree how best to prepare pupils for their next phase of education.
Our curriculum aims to:
- Sustain pupils’ academic progress and engagement with education in preparation for the next stage of their learning.
- Prioritise coverage of the core subjects in line with National Curriculum expectations.
- Mitigate the significant interruption in their education which pupils experience. Consequently the curriculum focuses on identifying and addressing gaps in learning so that pupils have the key skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to succeed in the next stage of learning.
- Fully embrace the therapeutic value of the Arts. Our curriculum encourages pupils to express their creativity through a range of art forms.
- Focus on transferable skills, knowledge and understanding in a range of subjects.
- Deliver a personalised curriculum for our pupils with input from their home school where appropriate. Primary pupils are taught through the topic based Dimensions curriculum.
In Early Years, we provide a safe and supportive environment which focuses on developing a broad range of skills which cover the early learning goals. We do this through a variety of structured lessons including use of our Read Write Inc phonics programme and activities that encourage exploration and learning through continuous provision.